I have made my not-so-triumphant return to cyclocross racing in Fitchburg, MA, for the NECX BAR. Read more...
Here's a numerical summary of race:
- 5: AM, the time I woke up.
- 26: degrees at the start line.
- 2: the number of overnight shifts I've worked just prior to the race.
- 87: the number of excuses I had come up with on the drive to the race to explain my anticipated poor performance (including the previous item and the next item).
- 0: the number of cyclocross races I've done over the past three years.
- 1: the number of extra pair of wheels I brought to put in the race pit.
- 1: the number of extra wheels I left in the car and didn't put in the race pit.
- 10: the approximate number of minutes between arriving, getting my race number, and getting to the start line.
- 10.5: the percent of alcohol in my delicious Gulden Draak beer I am enjoying right now.
- 0: the number of fingers that had feeling for the majority of the race.
- 1: the number of wonderful wives I had at the race to cheer me on to take some pics.
- 9: the number of gears on my "cross" bike.