Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Ride--Bradley Palmer & Willowdale



So, a few of us ventured out to Bradley Palmer & Willowdale for a ride. The VAST MAJORITY of the trails were in great shape, which was what I told by my eye-witness reporter, Mr. Flawless. There were, however, some sections which were wet, and by wet, I mean rivers. We made it through one such river crossing (twice) without a problem, but there was another, MUCH longer, section--maybe 50-60 meters, that I alone tried to cross. The water was DEEP, and COLD, and I got probably 85% of the way across before the soft bottom finally sucked me to a stop. The water was over the bottoms of my shorts. Zoiks! Jean, Tim and Rick wisely went around.

My epiphany came when I was contemplating the ease of post-muddy ride maintenance with a fully rigid singlespeed, but that was short lived as I then remembered that I'd have Jean's bike to clean AND we had let Rick borrow one of our bikes... Sunday was a day of cleaning and lubing.

Anyway, if you click on the slideshow above, you can link to the photos directly.

No comments:

Post a Comment