Sunday, February 17, 2019

An Official Statement

We laughed. We cried. We consumed adult beverages and discussed things.

Here's what went down...

First, I do want to thank those that made it to our house. It's always good to catch up and it helps to create some excitement about the upcoming riding (and running) season.


Also, big thanks to Mr. B for bringing the pizza. Food and snacks and beer were appreciated!

I do want to update everyone (or remind for those that were here), that I'm getting some clothing samples from Jakroo for sizing. You can still order clothes any time at our store: http://shop.jakroo.com/RacerX, but I'm looking at some additional items and if you want to check out some of the samples, please let me know. I was HOPING that they'd be here in time for the meeting, but alas, that was not the case. I'll send out a message when they arrive.

Next, I'd like to see what people are thinking about in terms of events this year. We discussed gravel rides, MTB races, and some charity rides. I'm going to (try) to keep an event calendar updated here. It's cool to see the different events, and it might spark some interest in our fellow X'ers, and it's good for our sponsors. These local events will also be important for our team as we have decided NOT to pursue a European franchise focusing on the pro tours. Oh, and to follow up to keeping a list of events would be to post a report, pics, video or whatever from said events. Yes, you.

Speaking of events, Glen and I are going to try to put together an epic trail ride connecting such trail networks as Greenwood Ave (Beverly Commons), Gordon College, Appleton Farms, Bradley Palmer, Willowdale, Georgetown-Rowley, Boxford Town Forest, Harold Parker and several other smaller trail areas. More on that as it comes together.

Also, speaking of Glen.. and Glenn, and Jeff, and Jean and I... we had a lot of discussion on Zwift which has been a great way to pass the time this winter and get some decent riding in. Glen wrote about Zwift last year and if anything, he's gone further down the rabbit hole. It's cool to see that many of us are crossing paths in *Innsbruck* or *London* or *Watopia.* Dave Tufts (yes, I'm talking to you), if your internet speed would handle it, I think Zwift would be a great addition to your trainer regimen.



And while speaking of Zwift, I'd like to compile a list of everyone's social media. It's 2019 and that's how people become "influencers" and that's what sponsors are looking for. So, if you're on Instagram, Strava, Hookit, Twitter, FaceBook, YouTube, Vimeo, MySpace, or if you have a personal blog, I'd like to get that info. We can help boost each other which will help the team overall. I'm also going to send out a list of hashtags we should be using.

That's about all for now. I'm hoping to have another get together before spring hits and we all get super busy, so stay tuned for that.

Rock on!





No comments:

Post a Comment